This is some more information that I don’t know where it will be seen.
Communilux Productions provides a creative, collaborative and professional atmosphere working on a wide variety of projects working with a very diverse group of craftspeople/artisans, clients and vendors. Competitive salary. Full benefits package available.
Communilux Productions is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any person, employee or job applicant because of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, political belief or disability.
For general inquiries, please contact us at email@example.com.
Click a listing below to view description and requirements
The Technical Director is responsible for designing and creating technical solutions and developing safe and cost-effective construction methods based on design concepts and visual information. The Technical Director must possess the ability to multitask while maintaining attention to detail and must possess a creative approach to scenic construction. This position requires hands-on experience related to design, engineering, layout, and wood/metal fabrication or general construction. The Technical Director must be willing to travel as required by the project. This position reports to the Director of Scenic Production.Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
The Assistant Technical Director is responsible for managing technical solutions, creating technical specifications and developing safe and cost effective construction methods based on design concepts and visual information. This is a hands-on position related to design, engineering, layout, wood/metal fabrication and general construction. An Assistant Technical Director must be willing to travel as required by project. This position reports to the Technical Director and Director of Scenic Production.Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
• Create technical drawings for shop build based on designer drawings, layouts, and other visual aids
• Draft detailed assembly/installation drawings for use by the production during load in
• Research and order materials and hardware required to execute the construction of designed units
• Actively communicate with construction team to maintain efficient shop production schedules
• Work closely with department heads and subcontractors to meet both budgetary and scheduling goals
• Communicate with the client and shop supervisory staff during the design and construction phases of the project
• Minimum BA or BFA. MFA in Technical Production preferred
• Solid industry experience in technical theater and/or scenic fabrication
• Proficiency with Vectorworks, EnRoute, Illustrator, and MS Office
• Must have outstanding relationship skills and have a team oriented and collaborative work ethic
Create technical drawings for the shop build
Draft detailed assembly/installation drawings
Research and order materials and hardware required for construction
Actively communicate with construction team
Work closely with the production team to meet both budgetary and scheduling goals
Monitor shop standards and quality controlQualifications
Minimum BA or BFA. Technical Production degree preferred
Solid knowledge of stagecraft practices; shop fabrication experience recommended
Proficiency with Vectorworks, Enroute, Illustrator, and MS Office
Experience with automation and electronics
Must have outstanding relationship skills and have a team-oriented, collaborative work ethic
Ability to work overtime
The Driver/ Warehouse reports to the Directors of Scenic Operations and will be the first one called upon to transport production elements to on-site locations. This position will also conduct pick-ups all around town when needed; assist with pull list, the movement of pulled items to loading zones, along with assisting in returning items back to inventory in a timely manner after a show. Assist with the general prep for loading a truck which would include labeling, wrapping, and packing. This is a position in which you will constantly be learning and have the ability to contribute to the growth of the company.Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required