Communilux Productions provides a creative, collaborative and professional atmosphere working on a wide variety of projects working with a very diverse group of craftspeople/artisans, clients and vendors. Competitive salary. Full benefits package available.
Communilux Productions is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any person, employee or job applicant because of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, political belief or disability.
For general inquiries, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click a listing below to view description and requirements
The Technical Director is responsible for designing and creating technical solutions and developing safe and cost effective construction methods based on design concepts and visual information. The Technical Director must possess the ability to multi-task while maintaining attention to detail and must possess a creative approach to scenic construction. This position requires hands on experience related to design, engineering, layout, and wood/metal fabrication or general construction. The Technical Director must be willing to travel as required by project. This position reports to the Director of Scenic Production.Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
The Assistant Technical Director is responsible for managing technical solutions, creating technical specifications and developing safe and cost effective construction methods based on design concepts and visual information. This is a hands-on position related to design, engineering, layout, wood/metal fabrication and general construction. An Assistant Technical Director must be willing to travel as required by project. This position reports to the Technical Director and Director of Scenic Production.Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
• Create technical drawings for shop build based on designer drawings, layouts, and other visual aids
• Draft detailed assembly/installation drawings for use by the production during load in
• Research and order materials and hardware required to execute the construction of designed units
• Actively communicate with construction team to maintain efficient shop production schedules
• Work closely with department heads and subcontractors to meet both budgetary and scheduling goals
• Communicate with the client and shop supervisory staff during the design and construction phases of the project
• Minimum BA or BFA. MFA in Technical Production preferred
• Solid industry experience in technical theater and/or scenic fabrication
• Proficiency with Vectorworks, EnRoute, Illustrator, and MS Office
• Must have outstanding relationship skills and have a team oriented and collaborative work ethic
The Scenic Construction Manager is responsible for the successful operation and the overall fabrication coordination of all scenic departments to meet both budgetary and scheduling goals. The Scenic Construction Manager will direct work on the shop floor and serve as a model, exemplifying expected standards of quality work and shop safety. This position reports to the Director of Scenic Production.Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
The Scenic Painter is responsible for the successful completion of the painting phase of production to meet both budgetary and scheduling goals. This is a hands-on position that will report directly to the Paint Shop Foreman.Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
The logistics specialist/ driver is responsible for the safe and efficient transport of production related materials as required. This is a hands-on position with direct reporting to the Inventory Control Manager.Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required